Czech Collection of Phytopathogenic oomycetes
Keywords: oomycetes – Phytophthora – Pythium – phytopathogenic – Czech Republic – RILOG
The collection was established based on the framework of Scientific Intent No MZP0002707301 in 2005 and was admitted in 2012 as a member of The National Programme on Conservation and Utilization of Genetic Resources of Microorganisms (NPGZM) (Czech). The collection aims for the preservation of genetic diversity of important phytopathogenic and other oomycetes in the Czech Republic for scientific and other purposes (tests of pathogenicity and host resistance, testing and development of control measurements, reference studies in science and phytosanitary services, systematics, education, etc.).
There are approx. 377 strains of approx. 34 oomycetous taxa preserved which are belonging to Phytophthora (25 strains) and Pythium (9 strains) in the accessible part of the collection. The other 400 strains are deposited in the private section of the collection. The isolates were acquired from many various plant hosts including forest, ornamental, and fruit trees as well as other hosts from various other environments (riparian and forest stands, parks, urban greenery, orchards, public gardens, gardening centres, ornamental and forest nurseries etc.). The collection is operated by Marcela Mrázková (custodian), Markéta Hrabětová (molecular determination) and Liliya Fedusiv (technician).
Authors of the collection:
|Ing. Marcela Mrázková||Mgr. Markéta Hrabětová||Mgr. Liliya Fedusiv|
|tel: +420 296 528 234||tel: +420 296 528 368||tel: +420 296 528 235|
Overview of deposited taxa (31. 12. 2016)
1. Phytophthora P. ×alni (C. M. Brasier & S. A. Kirk) Husson, Ioos & Marçais
2. Phytophthora bilorbang Aghighi & T. I. Burgess
3. Phytophthora cactorum (Lebert & Cohn) J. Schröt.
4. Phytophthora cambivora (Petri) Buisman
5. Phytophthora cinnamomi Rands
6. Phytophthora citrophthora (R. E. & E. H. Smith) Leonian
7. Phytophthora cryptogea Pethybridge & Lafferty
8. Phytophthora gallica T. Jung & J. Nechwatal
9. Phytophthora gonapodyides (H. E. Petersen) Buisman
10. Phytophthora gregata T. Jung, Stukely & T. I. Burgess
11. Phytophthora hedraiandra De Cock & Man in 't Veld
12. Phytophthora lacustris Brasier, Cacciola, Nechwatal, Jung & Bakonyi
13. Phytophthora megasperma Drechsler
14. Phytophthora multivora P. M. Scott & T. Jung
15. Phytophthora palmivora (E. J. Butler) E. J. Butler
16. Phytophthora plurivora T. Jung & T. I. Burgess
17. Phytophthora polonica Belbahri, E. Moralejo, Calmin & Oszako
18. Phytophthora pseudosyringae T. Jung & Delatour
19. Phytophthora ramorum Werres, De Cock & Man in 't Veld
20. Phytophthora rosacearum (H. E. Petersen) Buisman
21. Phytophthora rubi (W.F. Wilcox & J.M. Duncan) Man in 't Veld
22. Phytophthora syringae (Kleb.) Kleb.
23. Phytophthora taxon Raspberry
24. Phytophthora taxon Walnut
25. Phytophthora uniformis (C. M. Brasier & S. A. Kirk) Husson, Ioos & Aguayo
1. Pythium citrinum B. Paul
2. Pythium helicoides Drechsler
3. Pythium chamaehyphon Sideris
4. Pythium intermedium de Bary
5. Pythium litorale Nechw.
6. Pythium macrosporum Vaartaja & Plaäts-Nit.
7. Pythium ultimum Throw
8. Pythium undulatum H. E. Petersen
9. Pythium vexans de Bary
Isolations can also be searched in a continuously updated collections database NPGZM.